Learn about our sanitary protocols and steps we are taking to keep you safe. Read more
Reef Shipwreck Snorkel and Mayan Ruins (El meco) in Cancun
Swim and El meco Ruins
- 5 different areas snorkel tour + Mayan ruins (spectacular view of the Hotel Zone and Isla Mujeres)
- Daily: snorkel ( 9:00, 12:00, 2:30pm), Mayan ruins (9:00, 12:00, 2:30 pm)
- Visit the beautiful archaeological zone of El Meco
- Snorkel (2 hours in water + 1.5 brefing and transport), Mayan Ruins (45 min. to enjoy the nice view and culture)
- Funny and Mexican culture tour, don´t miss it!
- Tickets subject to availability. Free transportation
- Very near Marina Punta Norte and Yax Kin, 5 minutes walking.
Due to security measures, we have a limited capacity.
- Daily tour.
- 4:30 hrs duration.
- 9:00, 12:00 and 2:30
- Transportation included.
- Best seller snorkeling tour.
- Total snorkel Cancun.
- English speaking guide.
+52 99 82 34 08 70
First in snorkeling you visit 5 wonderful zones along the Great Mayan Reef a variety of colorful fishes, an amazing shipwreck, swim with turtles, immerse to see cenotes and you will get astonished with MUSA statues.
The activity is for non swimmers and beginners, we give you a briefing to use the equipment correctly, plus the life jacket.
The other activity is the Mayan Ruins! You walk 5 minutes from the marina, you arrive very fast if you want to see mayan vestiges, so forget travelling milles to see them and come to El Meco.
It is important to reserve to organize the groups. You will have an English speaking guide, who will tell you interesting information. El Meco was a remarkable archaeological site for the Mayas civilization, there is the most important and spectacular building, El Castillo, and 14 ancient structures that you have to see. At the past, the site was used for trade from Cancun to Isla Mujeres and also to control the access.
Start your experience with a prompt and comfortable hotel pick-up on air-conditioned vans.
If you choose our Reserve Now and Pay Later Method, or if you missed signing the e-waiver, this is time to complete so.
Short but useful briefing on shallow waters. Learn to wear the equipment properly, swim with fins, breathe through the snorkel, defog the mask, and other useful tips that will make your experience much more enjoyable. Learn more about our briefing here.
El Meco coral reef has only 8-12 feet depth, warm water, and few or non-sea currents. With plenty of coral and playful fish schools, this is one of the best spots to enjoy snorkeling in Cancun itself. You may enjoy the first turtle encounter in this area!
Museum (second area):
You have probably heard about the “Cancun snorkeling statues“. We’ll visit 2 galleries: "The blessings" and "Aquarium Family". The Underwater statues creators used a new technique and material for coral to grow on (made with pH-neutral cement, coral, seaweed, and algae are able to grow). The statues also have holes in them, which allow marine wildlife to colonize and feed off the coral.
Our secret spot to find sea turtles in Cancun! 96-98% of the times we got to see from 1-5 turtles! We might also find rays here. When was the last time you had the chance to swim with marine turtles on their natural habitat?
Explore a shipwreck filled with colorful coral, surrounded by countless fish. The shipwreck is posed on thin white sand, you’ll feel like you are swimming in a natural turquoise pool!
Discover wonderful cenotes that lay on the sea surface. Dive in these underwater cenotes and admire the fish that have inhabited them. It's one of the best things to do in Cancun.
Back on the marina, after taking a freshwater shower, and watching your pictures, the van will be waiting for you to take you back to your hotel.
- Bathrooms, umbrellas for the sun and bottles of water at El Meco.
- Rounded transportation hotel-Marina-hotel of anyone at Hotel Zone and Costa Mujeres.
- Tickets to the El Meco site.
- El Meco only lasts 45 minutes.
- Showers, lockers and water at the Marina.
- Passengers insurance.
- Tips (optional)
- The partners of the participants of combos pay a special price at the Marina.
- Photos and video package. (optional)
- Dock fee ($ 15.00 usd. per person)
- Available daily at snorkel ( 9:00, 12:00, 2:30pm), Mayan ruins (9:00, 12:00, 2:30 pm).
- You will still have time to enjoy your vacations, and have other fun activities during the day. The pick up time is set according to the distance to your hotel. The exact time is sent to you on the booking confirmation.
Remember to bring:
- Towel and swimming wear
- Wear comfortable clothes, shoes or sandals, cap or hat and sunglasses
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Travel light weighted (avoid unnecessary bags)
- Cash for tips or shopping
- Please contact us before booking if you have any health or physical problem
Our paparazzi will be following you during the whole snorkeling tour and will take awesome underwater photos and video, which you will be able to see before going back to your hotel.
- Link by email to downlad your picture and videos (back up for 1 month)
- Get it for only $45 usd (price per family of up to 1-3 people, not per person).
You may also be interested in these products
With transport only in Cancun
Snorkeling In Cancun With Turtles, Reef, Underwater Statues, Shipwreck And Underwater Cenote
Safety in your
Completely secure and reliable online shopping so you can enjoy your vacation in Cancun. We use a 2048-bit SSL encrypted payment.
Bad Weather Warranty-Full Refund
If there’s seaport closure (bad weather), enjoy your tour snorkel activity another day or if you prefer your money back.
Easy Reschedule Booking flexibility
Plans have changed? Don’t worry, easy changes in day and time of activity.
No bookings fees and no hidden charges
No hidden charges, ours it’s the official, fairest rate
SECURE PAYMENT METHOD